Saturday, July 31, 2010

I love singing but when I get really nervous and my jaw starts shaking and I start freaking out. Any advice?

Why do you get nervous? Maybe you should look at the root of the problem. I was a drummer for years before breaking an ankle and couldn;t play my drums for about 6 months. The band I was in shoved me infront of a micraphone and made me sing. The most damned nerve wracking thing I have ever done. Now I sing lead for a very popular local hard rock cover band. Nerves are a killer (see Brook two nights ago on A.I.) That stage is YOURS when you are up there singing. OWN it, believe what you are singing. If you have the guts to get up and sing in front of people, then you can control the nerves. It takes some time, but once you find the confidence to perform, rather than just sing, the nerves will go away.





Rock on....I love singing but when I get really nervous and my jaw starts shaking and I start freaking out. Any advice?
I know what you mean. I have been singing in a choir since the first grade. I could never sing a solo because I would get scared. You should start off small, sing for one of your friends. Then branch out to a couple of friends, after start singing for your family then maybe one day you will get over your nervousness and sing at a talent show or maybe even try out for american Idol.lol
  • mark makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment