Thursday, July 29, 2010

Advice to get over my fear of coasters?

i love rollercoasters but the first few rides i always get a bit scared. the only ones i tend to be scared of though, are ones that have drops that press me on the seat holder. such as:


http://cache.rcdb.com/pictures/picmax/p1鈥?/a>


http://z.about.com/d/themeparks/1/0/1/h/鈥?/a>


im not afraid of the drop to say since i love the feeling of it, but im so terrified that the seatbelt/seat protecter thing might fly open because i have all my weight on it. it's not that im really fat even (100 lbs.)


do you have any advice that will help me get over my fear and just enjoy the ride?Advice to get over my fear of coasters?
I am not going to lie to you and promise everything will be ok. Because I have read about quite nasty roller coaster accidents. And you always have to be cautious and don't go on anything you feel really uncomfortable with. However, what's the point of riding a roller coaster that doesn't give you any fear, thats the whole point of them, it all adds to the fun and excitement. I have researched many roller coaster accidents and I have never heard of any where the restraints come up. There are strict weight limits on rides and even if you were above these a bit you would probably be alright but they have to be on the safe side, if you are a lot under these then you have absolutely nothing to worry about at all!


Look closely at a roller coaster before riding it. If the restraints look very tight and maybe have extra straps underneath then ride these ones first as you will feel safer when you are on it. Ask people who you have seen get off the ride about how snug the restraint feels, they will soon say if they didn't feel safe on it!


When you are scared of something it is hard to overcome it, but not as difficult as you might think to face it. I am terrified of heights but if we have to climb to the top of a building then I find the whole fun is having something to be frightened of, weird I know but true! When I am the top of a building I cannot resist looking out the window and scaring myself stupid but I have never overcome my fear. I like to be in control of it though, I wouldn't fancy going on a high ride. If you are climbing to the top of a building if you really hate it you can come back down. Rides you can't.


I don't advice going on rides like this at fairs especially if you have a fear of them, fair rides are unprodictable and can be dangerous. But places like drayton manor, Alton towers, Six flags take such big safety precautions nothing as simple as restraints coming up would happen!


Just do it, face your fear, once you have done it once you can do it a million times and you won't regret it. The people who are scared of going on rides are always the ones who enjoy them most!





Good luck I am visiting Alton Towers soon and am going to face my fear of heights on Obivion, wish me luck! (:Advice to get over my fear of coasters?
The first pic is Kingda Ka


They have that rollercoaster in Sixflags in new jersey and if you are scared of rollercoasters i suggest you dont go on that one because it's the TALLEST ROLLERCOASTER IN THE WORLDDDD





i used to be scared of rollercoasters but start of with ones that dont have such big drops and then go on scarier ones. it's always better to have a friend by your side
I am terrified of Roller Coasters as well. but I love riding them. There's no fun in riding one if it doesn't make you scared even for a bit.





And don't worry, every roller coaster now a days in official theme parks have strict safety rules. So strict that they actually run maintenance every day. So just relax and enjoy the thrill!
listen hon, there is more chance of a plane crash than something like that happening. i was terrified because i went to camelot and there is a huge roller coaster and the woman pulled these things over my shoulders. i was scared and tried to pull it off but it was locked on too tight and i was pressed against it. i also went on whirlwind and you spin round and flown forward and it just pulls you back honestly! hope i helped you xxx
Think of it this way


When was the last time you were in a car, and your seatbelt came apart, even after you had checked and double checked they were secure?


Probably never, and on roller coasters the restraints are so much stronger than mere seatbelts. Plus the restraints are checked multiple times, and are mechanichally backed up to make the chance of such an incident one in a billion.





I know this probably wont stop you being scared, but just recognize that it's so unlikely such a thing will happen, and it's not worth missing out on a great experience because of fear of something so inprobable =)





The only thing to be scared about from being pushed against the restraints is that it might be a little uncomfortable! I hope you enjoy your ride.

No comments:

Post a Comment