Saturday, July 31, 2010

I am going into high school and I want to get homeschooled. Please give me advice!

Ok, in the past year I have had to deal with mean girls. Last year only about 10 girls hated me. But now, over the course of summer, like, 30 girls hate me! I don't even know why. I only have like 2 friends and they are not even real friends. They are embarassesd to hang out with me. I also really hate public school in general. I figure that if nobody hangs out with my this year, I am pretty much a bully's target. I need more direct attention so I can do better in school. So I figure home schooling is the way to go. But I have a 4 -year old sister and she need's all my mom's attention right now. Also, my mom is busy with other things a lot so she couldn't teach me. Finally, I came across the perfect option: Online home schooling. Can anybody tell about the morning star academy? I really want to enroll there. Can you give me advice on how to ask my parents to go there? Does morning star academy really work? How can I convince them? How much does it cost? If you don't know about Morning Star, then what else would you recomend? I think the fact that Morning Star is a christain school too, will really help convince my mom. So please, I just need some advice. please and thank you!I am going into high school and I want to get homeschooled. Please give me advice!
http://www.virtualonlineschool.blogspot.鈥?/a> has an article about explaining to your parents about homeschooling





For online schools check into


http://www.k12.com/homeschool





I think you might really enjoy homeschooling. You will get to spend time with your mom, learn in a less stressful environment and take up some outside hobbies.





I'm not familiar with Morningstar. Learn all you can about them online. Contact them to see if there are some other students and parents, that use their program, that you can speak with about the school.





Best of luck to you!


jana


http://www.purehomeschooling.comI am going into high school and I want to get homeschooled. Please give me advice!
The solution is not to get away from society. Homeschooling will only make you more secluded: develop your social skills now. High school is a lot better than middle school. Middle school is the pits. If you are a genuinely nice or interesting person, as people mature they will appreciate that.
Running away from problems is not a good idea. You need to go to the principal and deal with these bullies. Bullying is illegal and the school is required to stop it.



High school is the best time years of your life don't throw it away you need to tell someone trust me i was bullied since 6th grade and i almost did something that i was going to regret you have to tell someone because your letting them take over you like a target your letting them win you have to place your foot down and not let this happen to you tell your parents trust me and tell the school if they don't listen tell your parents to tell the school because some schools don't really listen to the students for my school instance my parents told them if they didnt do anything they would be sued so you must put your foot down or they will squish u like a lil bug :o
I agree with Jana but at the same time I have to say that if you do go back to school in the future will you be picked on even more as the 'nerdy home schooling girl'? In Australia we only have primary school and then High School. My last year of primary I was popular and friends with everyone it was great. Suddenly in high school everyone was about 13 and the girls got their monthlies and turned into the most horrible people. I didn't understand it at the time as I was a bit behind in that way. In short it was really hard for about a year and a half... A very long time it felt to me. I would pray every day on my way to school and I was full of anxiety. I lived next to school and went home every lunch time just about for a bit of peace. I was even locked in the art room one lunch - I cant explain how humiliating that was: How dare they lock ME in the back room!! No one deserves that. And you cant tell the teachers. I mean you can but you will just be more isolated and embarressed. Imagine if they told everyone ';These mean girls locked Gem in the back room'; That just wouldve humiliated me more! I dont mean to scare you. But whatever your choice really pray for good friends and dont stop praying, because half way through the next year I found a group of girls that were there all along but I never realised would be my friends. I then had the best friends all through high school and beyond. I can't explain to you how special this was and how blessed I have been to experience this true friendship. Its rare and only comes along every now and then... Hold on to God.


PS: My school was a private Christian School - could your mum afford this? My mum was single so it was hard for her but a priority and the school gave her reduced fees (in primary she cleaned some classes 3 days a week for free education) XXO

No comments:

Post a Comment