Thursday, July 29, 2010

Trying to get pregnant? Need Advice...?

My husband and I have been trying to get pregnant for almost 6 months now. So we stopped really trying until Oct we started again. I started to use clearblue easy monitor to keep track of ovulation for me. We have sex when ever the monitor is at high or peak but towards the late hours since we work opposite shifts. But when we baby dance I lay for 20 mins. What else can I do? Please let me know. Trying to get pregnant? Need Advice...?
Keep a pillow under your hips during the dance and for the 20 mins. after. And set the mood! Turn on soft music candles, don't forget the fun part of making a baby! I started using the clear blue easy digital test today. My husband works opposite shift too. So I understand. Good Luck!Trying to get pregnant? Need Advice...?
I've been in this game for a while, heres what i've learnt





Start cycle tracking, having sex on CD13, CD14, CD15 and no sex 4 days prior to CD13 to replenish sperm so its high quantity.


Monitor your cervical mucus, IE, clear means ovulation.


Monitor your tempertature, a spike means ovualation.


See a doctor, often they can help you. maybe get sperm count tested. they can ultrasound you and make sure your uterus is ok to concieve too.


Have your husband take Zinc, aids sperm count.


Dont use Lubrication, kills sperms


Lay in bed for 10 minutes after sex, use a deep pentiration position.


Read books/websites - theres so much to it. and knowledge is good for those not lucky enough to concieve without thinking about it.


good luck!!
I have a piece of advise to give you there honey, Stop trying threw all that crap in the garbage and just have fun, whatever happens with happen, I know what your going threw I was in the same boat you were, and once I stopped trying it worked, and I was so surprised but 3 days later I had a miscarriage, sucks, I know, so yeah stop trying and just have fun.


Good luck!
Use preseed or preconceive lubricant- it's sperm friendly (don't use ky or other lubes because they inhibit sperm movement)


Both you and your husband should be taking zinc and folic acid supplements. 3 months before you TTC is best but it's never too late.


Don't drink caffeine (this includes chocolate) as this can prevent the embryo from attaching in the uterus.


Don't drink alcohol when trying to conceive, including husband (it lowers sperm count, so does marijuana)


You could also start charting your temps- www.fertilityfriend.com


I also read that evening primrose oil can help with cervical fluid production.


You should both drink plenty of water from CM and sperm production.


Don't just rely on the clearblue fertility monitor- i bought it too, wish i had not wasted my money. I'm not entirely convinced of its accuracy. I would still TTC out of the HF and PF range.


It is sometimes better to have sex every other day rather than every day or twice a day. certainly don't try more than once per day as that will lower sperm count. Also, your husband should not go more than 3 days without an emission because this increases the number of dead sperm in his semen.


Not sure if this is true but i heard that you should not go to the bathroom a half hour before or after intercourse because the acidity kills sperm.


Intercourse in the morning is better because sperm count is at its highest in the morning.


that's all i can think of right now, will add more if i think of anything.


good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment