Thursday, July 29, 2010

Advice to get through to my family. and live peacefully?

i am 18 years old and im a senior in high school. all i do with my parents is fight. it's been liket his my whole life i'll go a long time like months or a couple years without significant fighting. but than it will start up again and it lasts for awhile where all we do is just start fighting and its really bad, and we'll fight for days. and its been getting worse. this year has almost been crazy and unbearable. i don't understand because around friends, classmates, teachers, and everybody else in the world i'm completely fine and well in control of myself but around my family i get very angry, explosively angry. and it doesn't help my parents get mad easily too. my parents claim to always be listening to me and what im saying but it really doesnt seem that way they stare at the tv all day and just yea. uh huh to everything i tell them even things that are really important to me. it makes me sad to the point that i'll go and cry about it later, because i feel at times my parents could care less about me, because ii'm like talking to the wall. and they claim they pay attention but i dont really believe it, and than when i tell them my feelings they just think im being dramatic and they roll their eyes and wave their hand like oh yea right. and we fight all the time and when i get really mad i'l shout at them about how shitty they make me feel and they respond in the same way. and they always yell at me and tell me how much of a ***** i am and how lazy i am. and our fights can escalate to the point where we get violent. and i don't no what to do because i feel like we have so many problems between us but nobody will listen to my side. and i can't make them hear me or believe me. so i find myself in this vicious cycle of feeling terrible. speaking up. fighting. and etc. any advice please. even when my family is having a calm decent conversation..not that im given the opportunity for much depth in my conversation, i bring up things about how they make me feel and than they go on and on about how i treat them worse and yada yada like every response is not like im sorry i didnt realize that i made u feel that way, its like well i do that because u do this...you cant just justify your wrong doings by say i did wrong first. i wish they would just stop using all their defense mechanisms and just try and work out the problems that we have. i need help. advice. etc.Advice to get through to my family. and live peacefully?
That seems like the typical dysfuntional family, everyone goes through this...trust me.





When you move out and start your own life, it wont happen as much.Advice to get through to my family. and live peacefully?
You really need a counselor. I'm not kidding, I'm not trying to be funny. It's like having your own personal massage therapist! They give the best advice, they're just like a friend that you pay, lol. But please consider it, they will really take the stress off your shoulders! Even just a counselor in school will do.





I'm really sorry about your situation. It sounds like a problem that will take lots of time to heal. For now I recommend therapy.
  • mark makeup
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment