Saturday, July 31, 2010

Advice on Getting Parents to let me take Ballet?

I want to take ballet classes badly but my parents automatically say no when I bring up the subject. There are plenty of people who start after they're 5, there was even a girl who went pro and she started at 18. I've been asking since I was really little (around 7), but even know I think it's too late. Please can anyone help me persuade them? I've tried talking it out with them but they just don't listen.Advice on Getting Parents to let me take Ballet?
I would advise you to carefully plan out how you are going to bring up the subject. Don't threaten them, that will only make them more annoyed at your asking, just simple state that you have been wanting to take ballet for a long time. Show them that you are really serious about this, and is responsible, (such as for the cost). They will realize that ballet is important to you and is not one of those fantasy dreams. They are your parents, they understand you! Just wait awhile and they will come around! That is what I did when i wanted to start taking ballet classes...my parents did let me!Advice on Getting Parents to let me take Ballet?
I'm starting ballet at age 15 if that helps.


Tell them it's good excersize. =P
I've had the same problem with my parents, I begged them to let me take ballet but they always said that it cost too much and that I am too old to start now (I'm 14). I think I've convinced them now, but only after I almost burst into tears of desperation!
Ask God to help you persuade them. If He wants you to take ballet, He WILL make a way.


I hope this helps and you are able to take your ballet lessons!
It may help if you focus on the benefits that your parents might see. Talk about the exercise you would be getting, and the discipline involved in the dance steps. you could also mention your social development, and physical coordination. I also heard that stretching is good for your growth.
I started loving dance last year and i'm now 14... i want to take chinese dance lessons too and i think if want to persuade parents, tell them you will pay your fees on your own by saving your pocket money everyday... and also, train and practise on your own, let them realise how much you love it... parents will always give their child what they desperately wants... show them you love ballet terribly... it may work... even if you are not allowed to take the lessons... you can always still practise at home or just keep having passion for it!


no matter whether there are lessons or not, your passion for dance will never weaken, right?
Dancing really helps with balance so if you want to play any other sport than dancing is the advantage to have. if they won't hear it at all then write a letter explaining that you would help pay, explain the benefits and make sure you emphasize on your love for the form. do some research on it which will show them you are truly interested. if you are allowed a trial class make sure you give it your all and try your best! good luck!
please ask your parents to believe in you...you can show them your interest by getting a scholarship. the dance school i know which offers scholarships are in india, i dont know if your intrested, anyway, their website is www.rockaroundtheclock.biz





best of luck!
Is it cause of money, maybe offer to help pay, or do extra chores around the house. I don't know their reason so I don't know how to help you convince them.
Try saying, Mom, Dad, I know I've asked this question alot, but I would still like to take up ballet, I mean it would give me an after school activity, and would keep me active.
ASk again, and the next time they say ';No';. Ask why? It'll let them no theres a reason you want to take ballet.
I would explain to them the benefits of ballet like the fact that it's good excersize and can improve balance and hand-eye coordination which can be used in other areas of your life. I would also explain to them that it is your passion. Offer to help pay for classes or things you will need like the proper clothes and shoes. Show that you are determined and that you won't give up when it proves to be tough. If they don't believe you, buy a ';do-it-yourself'; tape for ballet and practice every night. Read up on it. Do research online, all in plain sight. When they see that you are determined and devoted, they might change their mind. Good luck. Everyone should pursue their passions.
well, I don't know how old you are, but definetly if you've been wanting this since you were 7 you should be like ';mom, dad, I've been wanting to do this for nearly half my life, it's not just a silly fantasy.';


Just be serious and nice about it. Or, maybe, call a ballet studio in town. Call the teacher about a scholarship or just talk to him/her about lessons. Tell the teacher about your situation. If your really passionate about it, it'll shine and the teacher won't just say no, he/she might even call your parents about it.
Tell them it's either that or you'll have to hang around with boys.
Keep at it. Sit down with them and tell them it's really something your looking to do, not just something you'll give up after a few weeks. Show them the Pors about ballet and let them show you the Cons. Then they might see that you are serious about doing this.





Hope this helps and Good Luck!
I started ballet when I was 11, and like you said, the girl that went pro at 18, so it's never too late.


I've learned a lot from dance, concentration (it's helped me with tests in school) self-discipline (trying your best with the steps and such) balance (that's easy enough to explain) I've become more outgoing (meeting the students at dance, recitals onstage) flexibility (I can now do all three of my splits and other extensions)


and its barely been three years of dance for me!


Sit your parents down and have a serious talk about how much this means to you. Tell them why you want to take ballet, and why they think you shouldn't.
Just suck at everything else you do, and scream


IF ONLY I TOOK BALLET





It worked in Man On Fire
prove to them that it's the best thing u can do...do some extra chores...dance around the house...then ask and if they say no go dramatically to ur room and cry...

No comments:

Post a Comment