Thursday, July 29, 2010

I play basketball and I've lost my jumpshot. Any advice of how to get it back?

The basics of putting your shot together involve getting the correct grip (first finger in the center of the ball and off hand to the side of the ball), body position (feet pointing to the rim), set up (elbow at an ';L';, forearm lined up to the center of the rim), and follow through (lift so that the elbow is above the eyebrow and held in place until the ball hits the basket).I play basketball and I've lost my jumpshot. Any advice of how to get it back?
practice and keep trying and see what's wrong...I play basketball and I've lost my jumpshot. Any advice of how to get it back?
stroke comes and goes, but you might want to check that you are jumping properly and getting enough lift, and your follow through is pure. Start off with shots close to the rim first, making sure your shot is straight and your arc is good, after a few swishes move back. Your shot should be back in no time.
practice an hope it comes back
first of all, are you working out? sometimes that messes with your jump shot. one day working out, two days shooting should help. but if you are not working out. try changing your stance and your grip on the ball.
I'm in the same situation you're in. It sucks. My drive has definitely improved, but my jumpshot has just been terrible. My only advice is to practice what used to work for you, or change your form. If you want to see a good jumpshot, try watching a guy on the Lakers. Scored 81 in one game and has ten 50+ point games this season. His name.... some guy named the Mamba... Kobe Bryant. That's how you want to shoot.
Practice.





Maybe try using a different style like if you're shooting too far shoot higher up and too short lower.

No comments:

Post a Comment