Sunday, August 22, 2010

Please any advice to get over the pain of loosing my dog.?

Last night i read the people comments and yall were right me and my dad took Jasper my dog to the vet this morning and he was put down. He die peacefully in my arms. He lived along time, 12 years. Those were the best years of my life and now he is gone and i feel so empty and lost. He was my life and my world and my other dogs who were so close to him to are sad and smelling around for him. Jasper and my other dogs were so close. I have been crying since we took him to the vet which was about 2 hours ago. We are going to get him cremated so I can have some off him. And like somebody commented said that he will come back to me in another dog and i believe them. Jasper was my favorit dog we did evrything together and he was trained to be a service dog so i took him everywhere with me. He slept with me in my bed and we ate together and now he is gone and im so depressed. I don't know how i can go on without him. If you read my other question it will talk more about Jasper. So please if you have had to suffer the same way can you please tell me about it and please give me some advice and ideas cause me and Jasper were together since they day i was boren cause he was less then 2 days old when my parents got him for me when i was born so he was less then a day older than me:( Thanks for any advice and comment.Please any advice to get over the pain of loosing my dog.?
Maybe it will help you to think about Jasper, you know how much you love him and how much you miss him but you got to remember this decision was to help him. It was your love for him...No other animal will replace the love you have for Jasper, but maybe in honor of him you can go adopt a pet that needs a good home....:)


I'm very sorry to hear about your loss....Please any advice to get over the pain of loosing my dog.?
I am so sorry about Jasper. Darling.. time is a healer.


Cry where and when you need to. Even if it is when you are out shopping.


I allow myself to grieve. It is part of the healing process.


Soon you will start to have fond memories of the good times together.
I feel so bad that your dog has passed. Think about the good times you had with him.If that makes you sad keep yourself busy. I know it will be hard but you can do it.
i often wonder do animals go to heaven,he is probally there,and i feel sorry for your loss,if you want to maybe get another dog,if you need to cry ,then cry!
the best cure to get over a dog is to get a puppy, you may not think you are ready, but it will help bring joy to your life.
I'm sorry to hear that. It is very tough, almost like losing a person you are close to. Just remember all the good times you had with him and keep busy so you don't dwell on it too much. :(
yes ,definitely get a new dog but always keep your memories alive with the other dog
You should get a new dog!! Do it today!!
Im so sorry for your loss :(


www.petloss.com is a good place to help you get your head around it.
I did answer your other question, but here is a poem to help you a bit...





HEAVEN'S DOGGY-DOOR


My best friend closed his eyes last night,


As his head was in my hand.


The Doctors said he was in pain,


And it was hard for him to stand.








The thoughts that scurried through my head,


As I cradled him in my arms.


Were of his younger, puppy years,


And OH...his many charms.








Today, there was no gentle nudge


With an intense ';I love you gaze';,


Only a heart thats filled with tears


Remembering our joy filled days.








But an Angel just appeared to me,


And he said, ';You should cry no more,


GOD also loves our canine friends,


HE's installed a 'doggy-door';!








jan cooper '95
His Journey's Just Begun





Don't think of him as gone away-


his journey has just begun


life holds many facets


the Earth is only one





Just think of him as resting


from the sorrows and the tears


in a place of warmth and comfort


where there are no days and years





Think how he must be wishing


that we could know today


how nothing but our sadness


can really pass away





And think of him as living


In the hearts of those he touched


For nothing loved is ever lost-


And he was loved so much.





- Ellen Brenneman
My situation with my dog was slightly different than yours, but all sorrow should be handled the same way. My really old black lab, Cody, was sick. We had enough money for the vet but my dad was angry at my mom and went out to the woods and shot Cody and left him out there to die. I was little, and didn't realize it till last year that my dad had done that, but the feelings all came back and I cried ridiculously hard for a couple of days. Eventually when the tears are over, you'll realize that you have to rejoice that he lived a long life. You'll still feel sad about it in the future, but you'll be happy that he at least died peacefully. The best way to cope with something is to just let it all out. But don't resort to violence! Just let yourself cry it out. You mentioned that you had other dogs, another thing you can do is try to project your love for Jasper to those dogs. It would be a good way to fill the whole and also doesn't make them feel like they were left in the dust. I hope this helps.
i sure do feel for you . i have lost two animals since march. one was my lab, it was very sudden. i have her ashes and it gives me a little comfort knowing she is close. the other was a parrot i'd had for twenty years. i sure do miss them. when my dog had to be put down,i started two days later looking for another friend. went to animal friends and got a pitt mix. i love her as much as my other dog. i put her pic on my computer so everytime i turn it on she's there. i'm not saying another dog will fill that spot but it sure helps me! i don't have too much time to grieve careing for the new kid. again i'm sorry you lost your friend. sure wish dogs lived as long as we do!

No comments:

Post a Comment