Sunday, August 22, 2010

Need some Advice to get people to stop saying that I should Convert to Christianity?

I am 16 years old my name is Yosef and my brother his name is Yisreal and we are jewish, my family we had to move to a small town of only 1,500 my dad got a job here. Me and my twin brother don't like it here because the people always call us the jew boys and often ask why we are jewish, and ask us stupid questions it gets annoying. And that we should change our names to more American names, I try to be nice ans Answer them nicely but my brother just tell them to F off because he is tired of them. Telling us should convert to Christianity that it is the only way to god. And that if we don't we will be going to hell and god will be angry. They said they will pray for us till we see the light. We just want them to stop we don't know how to get them to stop. Not talking to them I think will be rude even if they are acting the same way to us.Need some Advice to get people to stop saying that I should Convert to Christianity?
Say I Deny The Holy Spirit to them......they will stop.





מדבר .... אני להכחיש את רוח הקודש .... לכל האנשים


אתה תהיה ללא תשלוםNeed some Advice to get people to stop saying that I should Convert to Christianity?
That's a tough problem, especially in such a small town. I would try to explain to them that we all have our own beliefs and who are they to question mine as I do not question theres. If that approach doesn't work you could always use a bible verse against them. At least it would throw them off guard lol.





Luke 6:37





“Judge not, and you will not be judged; condemn not, and you will not be condemned; forgive, and you will be forgiven;





Remind them of Luke 6:37 and if they do not get the reference you've found a flaw in their belief in Christianity and you can teach them their own religion. Best of luck to you Yosef!
Yosef, small towns tend to be ';clannish'; because most of the people who live in them have been there all of their lives, and they tend to stick together. Anyone new and ';different'; is automatically under suspicion. I assume you and your brother are in high school. If there is a science club or some other activity or school subject you're really good in, do your best to excel in it. If some of the other kids in the class aren't doing well, offer to help them. That may be a strange suggestion to you, but it might gain you at least one or two friends, and then they will be supportive of you to others. The hateful things students are saying to you reflect the bigoted attitude of their parents. Unfortunately, there is a lot of prejudice in this country, even though we have passed civil rights laws. It seems to be more prevalent in small towns, where there is very little mixing of different cultures. When someone says something to you about religion, tell them that you believe in the same prophets as their Old Testament prophets (Abraham, Moses, Elijah), and you appreciate their concern for you. However, it bothers you that they don't show respect for your beliefs. Remind them that the first settlers in America came here for freedom of religion, and you want them to respect your freedom to choose. Therefore, there will no further discussion of the matter. I know that is a lot for you to say, but just continue to say there will be no more discussion. Then drop the subject and talk about something else. If they have any sense at all, they will see you mean business. If they call you ';Jew boy'; to taunt you, turn it around. Say, ';Yes, I am Jewish. My people have worshipped God for thousands of years. I am proud of my culture and my religion.'; Then ask them about their religion. I'll bet they really can't tell you much. I hope these suggestions help. P.S. If you're really miserable and your foks don't object, you could spell your name ';Joseph';. Good luck to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment