Sunday, August 22, 2010

I need advice to get rid of roaches.?

I live in a apartment complex where no one else is having a problem with roaches but me. I have had my apartment bombed twice to have them return a couple months later. I keep my apartment reasonably clean, but i am afraid i am bringing them home somehow from work, is that possible? I work at a hotel that does have roaches. I do have to leave my gym bag in my locker during the day. Any advice would be great!I need advice to get rid of roaches.?
Boric acid powder, from places like Ace Hardware, for roaches, behind and in between things in the kitchen and under the sinks.


You can buy the boric acid tablets in grocery stores.


Your dog can not get to it there.


That is a place where they hang out.I need advice to get rid of roaches.?
Roaches are awful. Our old apartment had them, and since we have a bird, we couldn't bomb. We put all of our food that wasn't in the fridge in airtight containers or plastic Ziploc bags (so they couldn't get into it), and left little dishes of cornmeal out mixed with borax where we had found them hiding. The cornmeal makes their stomachs explode, and borax is poisonous to them, and will kill them both internally and will eat their exoskeletons. This method was pretty effective, though for a while we were still finding dead ones (but I'd rather find a dead roach than a live one). And if you think your bringing them home from work, I would highly suggest you switch your bag to something that zips up and has no outer pockets that they can hide in. If you are working in a hotel that has enough roaches that it is a concern your bringing them home, you should really report that to the health department (you can do it anonymously). That's a major health code violation.
Well Honey, there you have it. Yes you can bring them, or at least their casings home from work with you. Why can't you leave your bag in your car? After you bombed, did you also set out Roach traps? I'd even periodically spray the baseboards in the apartment with Raid Ant and Roach spray just before leaving the apartment to got to work. Spray and close all doors, then leave the house. But, no more bags in the locker. Even if you'd spray the locker and put a trap in there, you could still get casings in your bag.
you can certainly bring them home from work,especially since you are the only one in the complex having the problem for now, eventually they will go to your neighbors apts. if you don't get rid of them now. use boric acid it's supposed to be the best thing to get rid of them, but the don't die on contact. stop using a gym bag and throw it away, bring whatever your bringing back and forth in something that you can throw away each day and shake your clothes out before you get home they can be in the pockets. After you put the boric acid around the house bomb again. they are very hard to get rid of, so good luck!!

No comments:

Post a Comment