Monday, August 23, 2010

I'm a door to door salesman. Any advice or scripts that might help to get inside in order to do presentation

Honestly I didn't use scripts. Just be yourself be friendly If you are not a person who loves people sales is not for you. It helps to have joy so you can have a geniune smile, watch a comedy or something to get you an a good mood. Forced smiles are easy to see. Really be in a happy mood then go to the door and say ';Hey I got this great product that I would love to show you got a minute it won't take very long at all?';


Also If you don't belive in the product your selling they won't either. While your setting up be sure to strike up a natural conversation and make a friend. And honestly if you really get to know these people intimately they will lead you to other leads and you will make lots a great friends. This just takes practice. Love the people your selling to and its not a problem. Your there to help them with a great product not to make money. If your there to make money then they will smell you from a mile away. Love your customer trust me it works.I'm a door to door salesman. Any advice or scripts that might help to get inside in order to do presentation
If you are after tips and stories about sales go to www.tmias.com it is a community site for salespeople.





Enjoy.





Sam Stone


www.tmias.com

Report Abuse


I'm a door to door salesman. Any advice or scripts that might help to get inside in order to do presentation
Maybe if you offer a free gift after the person views your presentation...but still it is very risky letting strangers inside your home nowadays.





I just saw on TV about a guy going to someone's door and wanting to get in and was dressed and impersonating a police officer.





Richard Speck was a serial killer who posed as a handyman or something to get inside women's homes and then raped and murdered them.





Sometimes you don't even have to invite intruders in, you can just answer the door and they might push their way in to rob you,etc ....
Only the elderly are still old-fashioned enough to allow a door-to-door salesman in their home. Seriously, people are too untrustworthy these days that it's just too dangerous. I would find another job. Door-to-door salesmen will eventually become obsolete as I can imagine their success rate will be less than 5%.
tell them your not a saleman. your a police officer and you have some bad news to tell them.lol
How do you find anyone at home, their all out looking for jobs.
u guys r nice. but sometimes if im having a bad day,u guys annoy me! :D just kidding!
I didn't know that such a thing still exists. Sorry bout you luck. I don't think to many people will give you the chance now days. Sorry
introduceyourself and then what you are selling.start by saying things like you know those stains this can help.Persuade with reasons why this is a better product and what it does .use humor and laugh a lot.give comments but dont be i like this or i like this.Just be yourself
POUND on the door fast and hard. Start screaming; ';You're house is on fire get out now!'; When the family all runs out and are on the front lawn go into your script.





';Excuse me Madam/Sir are you satisfied with your current vacuum cleaner? The super sux delux can get rid of 2% more dirt than the leading no-name brand.';
No one would let you inside their house. Everyone hates door to door salesmen, so just stop trying.
Wow, I can't believe you're asking people to suggest ways to get into other people's houses.





Why can't you just do your sales on the front step like all the other sales people?





I sense ULTERIOR MOTIVES.
It's really best to schedule an appointment...I know it's hard but people get annoyed with it...I'm self employed and would get very irritated when people came to my daycare centre unannounced wanting my time at that moment. I eventually put up a no soliciting sign due to the nature of the business.


What are you selling? Who's your target market? If you ask to speak to ';the person in charge'; you won't get much luck...but if you ask to speak to ';Fred'; the receptionist will more than likely let you in.


I would start by having sympathy for the person you want to present to...';I can imagine how busy you are Fred...I promise not to take more than 3 minutes of your time...there might be a way I could help your company with_____...and if you're not interested I promise not to contact you again in the future'; Fred: this isn't a good time for me


You: no problem Fred (always call the person by their first name) do you mind if I stop in tomorrow at 10:30am?





If the person comes up with an excuse...ask them if it would be possible to mail, e-mail or fax them information. Then ASK if you would be able to call them. ALWAYS ask it shows that you have respect for their time.





Good Luck! You'll do fine...and Happy Holidays!
have a great icebreaker and you will be fine
you have to lie to the customer
im going to be very honest with u but theres really nothing u can do cuz people think u and all the other door to door people are EXTREMELY ANNOYING so i dont think anything will help
Find another job. You and your family are gonna' go hungry.

No comments:

Post a Comment