Sunday, August 22, 2010

I need advice to get my SAT score up by January 24th?

I want to get each subject really high so it will be fine if I freak out on the test day. I tried to take an entire practice test today and only got through the essay and section 2. I really need a score of above 570 on everything if I want to get into the best Duke TIP summer camp, and I have done that for every section, but when I do the sections together I just freak out and mess up. Any tips on getting it really high and being able to concentrate in general (I have minor ADD)?I need advice to get my SAT score up by January 24th?
Math, I know you probably don't want this answer, but practice. The more types you see, the better you'll knwo how to handle them.


English, vocab, jus go through ur dictionary, and pick random words from each letter. Dont start memorizing all A's then B's. Sentences, they arent too hard, most of them, you'll know because i'm sure you speak pretty well. passages, I know they're boring but before a reading section starts, drink water and focus. dont try to read the whole thing. takes too much time. read the questions first, even when you think it'll be faster to read first.


Writing, Essay, I sometimes don't follow my own advice, but its often best to agree completely with one said. Don't waver, dont try to show the other side. They donn't care about brilliant essays. Only that you can organize ideas in 25 minutes.


GOOD LUCK :)I need advice to get my SAT score up by January 24th?
If you have minor ADD, you should find out if you qualify to take an untimed test or a test with extra time. Ask your parents if they investigated this. In the meantime, keep taking practice test. You may become increasingly comfortable with the test and stop freaking out.
you should study

No comments:

Post a Comment