Sunday, August 22, 2010

Need some advice to get me ready for varsity football?

So I played football in a minor league for a season. I was a DE and was pretty good, that was in 9th grade. I am a 10th grader, and since then i've gotten a bit out of shape. But I have been working out to strengthen my leg muscles, using the elliptical machine for about an hour a day, and then doing leg presses, chest presses, curling, etc. By doing this at least 4-5 days per week, 2 hour workouts each day, will I be able to get back in shape in time for conditioning in January for varsity football? Is there anything extra you can add that will prepare me more for it?Need some advice to get me ready for varsity football?
As uninteresting as it is, I recommend stairs and calf raises for explosiveness. Also, when preparing for team conditioning, I went to the track; running the straightaways and walking the turns. I was a RB, so I tried to sprint the straights. But as the weeks progress, you should be able to complete a mile without it taxing you too much. I also suggest splitting your hour's worth of elliptical. Half of it prior to your workout and the other half after as part of your cooldown.

No comments:

Post a Comment