Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Ladies/does anyone have any advice as to what really works to get rid of cramps/or make it feel better?

DRs will advise you to go on birth control to help with severe cramps, but make sure they check you out for Endometriosis first.





For my cramps I take a warm bath and use a heating pad.


And I take extra strength tylenol sometimes. I'm not a big pill popper, but have on occasion taken a pain killer prescribed by my Doc when the cramps were so bad I couldn't walk.





Hydrating yourself is a good idea since muscle cramping can be worse when muscles aren't properly hydrated


and exercising can help a great deal...assuming the cramps aren't so bad that you can't walk straight.Ladies/does anyone have any advice as to what really works to get rid of cramps/or make it feel better?
birth controlLadies/does anyone have any advice as to what really works to get rid of cramps/or make it feel better?
Ibuprofen and a heating pad
I say you lay in bed take a nice little nap,and it sould be gone by then. If not take an asprin
If I am having a REALLY bad monthly I take 3 Advil. I sit with a heating pad behind my lower back and I use a home made moist heat pad in front at the same time. I put a folded wet kitchen or hand towel in a large ziploc bag. Before I close it I pop it in the microwave until it's hot. Then I close it up, grab another towel to put around the bag and rest it on my lower stomach area.
I have sever cramps, back pain too..tried exercising the heat, drinkin plenty of water..nothing helped me so I finally talked with my doc.He prescribed me with some pain meds, that work great..they dont make me feel funny or drousy, or anything like that. I can finally get on with my day...I am having other testing done to make sure everything is ok..but, talk with ur doc. he or she is the only one that can really help ya out!
calcium and magniesium it works for cramps and heavy flow.





and peppermint candies help also.
I have asked this same question with little response. I have BEGGED my doctor for medication and she just says its part of life.
hop tea (tastes foul) and curl up with a hot water bottle. I have heard that a lot of exercise helps too. (couch potato).
midol extra strength
Try a heating pad or a water bottle full of warm water or try to go to your doc. and get him to prescribe somthing maybe it could be serious!
Bourbon. Never fails!
exercizing usually helps me and drinking lots of water...it sounds weird though doesnt it?
Walking or exercise will help ease the constriction. A hot bath or a heating pad. Black cohosh, chamomile, and raspberry leaf are some popular herbal remedies for menstrual cramps. If you are experiencing painful cramps with every period, you might want to check with a doctor to make sure that everything is ok. Also, taking birth control pills will usually make your periods shorter, lighter, and less painful.
I am not one of those people to take asprin or tylenol for a headache but once I had cramps so bad I couldn't get off the couch. I had my husband buy me some Midol Extra Strength and I was human again. I totally recommend it.
to get rid of cramps midol works.. nut if you drink one and then put something warm (blanket, pillow) on your stomach.. it will make it better faster.. also try to do some exercise that laso helps.
a heatin pad some sleep ohh yea and dont drive caffinnated stuff drink water it make you period go by faster
Peppermint tea and aspirins and good music works for me.
usually heat works, use a hot water bottle, or a heating pad and take some ibuprofen.... it usually works well for me
Motrin helps but my mother used to say its punishment for being a woman which was never very encouraging. I also found along with other ladies that cramps do subside after your 1st child . But dont go get pregnant for that reason ! It does get better with age. At 15-18 years of age I used to cry . If they are really bad you should go to a female Dr as they understand. I also agree with Mandy ! If you can take the B.C. Pill it does help .
warm the area, get some drugs from the doctor,
Take advil
A hot water bottle held to my tummy area makes my cramps feel better. Put your legs up on the couch arm or a pillow and just let the heat soak in.

No comments:

Post a Comment