Tuesday, November 22, 2011

Do you TAKE the Advice you get on Yahoo Answers?

I have become fanatical about asking very private, ';honest'; questions on here. Mainly about my bad luck streak with men and lousy friendships/associations. I've had a few ';fans'; of my questions critically call me out, because they felt I was ';wallowing in extreme self-pity'; or that I somehow, get a kick from asking such emotionally charged questions. I sit in front of a cpu 9 hours out my day M-F. And I have a LOT of time to think about what went wrong, or why things are happening in my life as they are---so instead of me---psycho analyzing myself---I asked those very questions here. I have received BRILLIANT advice and some very harsh criticisms all the same. But I can ';honestly'; say that I do take the advice I get from the strangers on here and have made some very wise decisions because of it. I just wanted to say that, because sometimes I think the avid yahoo answer respondents start to feel taken for granted. And some of this advice really is life changing. Do you TAKE the Advice you get on Yahoo Answers?
I've only asked one question so far, but I've answered many. I love reading everyone's responses, and there is a lot of wisdom in most of them, but I also feel by answering questions I am kind of taking advice from myself (thinking through my own issues). You see, things are difficult, and it is like therapy for me to answer other peoples questions and help them with things I've had personal experience with in the hopes that they may avoid some of the pitfalls I have had. I don't claim to have all the answers, even for myself, but it's great to try to help people, and share with everyone some of common problems or situations we all face. When you're feeling down, the best thing to do is do something for someone else.





One thing I don't like to see is people giving advice when they have had no personal experience with it, or they can't see both sides of something. It's hard not to give someone truthful, strong medicine (when they obviously need it), but you can usually do it in such a way that is, for the most part, positive. I love this place!Do you TAKE the Advice you get on Yahoo Answers?
Sometimes I do, but other times the advice might just give me some insight to what I may or may not do. Helps me to make a decision or get what I am looking for. Even though we are all strangers on here, we are here to help each other no matter the problem or situation. Yeah sometimes you may not like to hear what the other person says, but ya know it could very well be the truth and help you alot.
Honestly, I take the advice I receive on here with a grain of salt.





I've found that the women who post here tend to be more Christian-oriented, judgemental, closed-minded, and prudes than the women I tend to befriend. No offense, of course. There are also lots of cool people.
Sometimes the cold hard truth is what people need instead of beating around the bush and half answers. but I doubt most people want to hear the cold hard truth and not that confident that it make that much of a difference in the long run.
I read the advice. Then mix it with my own thoughts. But at the end of the day, it's up to me, they do influence me though.
Sometimes.





Depends on the question I suppose............





I'm glad you are getting the help you need, I'm pretty sure that's the proper intention of this forum.





Some of us have far too much fun on here though;)
its not that i actually follow the advice, but to know there are other people out in the world who are or at one point have been through the same stuff i am at the moment..
i take advice sometimes. at the end of the day, i make my own decision.
Sometimes
Awesome statement !!!! :)
Only from my contacts.





Luv y'all.
Let's just say I take rational advice if I have to but not 100% into taking them...usually I ask questions to get their opinion...to see things in different angles and that way they can help me to determine a better decision by putting together all their opinions and it's a great help to make me analyzed and realized things. I don't mind and always thankful for any kind of opinions whether they just answer your question to criticize or to share a real opinion.

No comments:

Post a Comment